Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Benefit Make up Kit : How to Look the Best at Everything

Hello dear followers,

hope you are having a great time during holidays! I have been a bit absent since i am currently back home in Greece and don't spend so much time in my computer. I eat, drink, sleep, go out with friends and enjoy the days away from work! I also shop a lot here (what a surprise) and i have been trying some new things on makeup so i though i share with you my latest purchase as the last post for 2013!

I was looking to buy something from Benefit Cosmetics during my visit in my hometown's Sephora when my eye got stuck in this nice kit...the "How to look the best at everything" flawless complexion makeup kit! And since it has several different products from the company that i wanted to try and it was on 35% discount and the packaging looks so cute i went for it!


 
When you open this book-like package you are in for a treat! On the one side there are the Tips and Tricks for instant beaty so that you know how to use the kit and behind them a little mirror to help you create your makeup.



On the other side there are smaller samples from four different Benefit products that will make you look flawless. What you can find in this kit is :

1) the POREfessional PRO balm (7.5ml) : one of the company's best sellers as the girl in Sephora informed me. You can use it before the foundation so that you minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines

2) the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening makeup (7.0ml) : another well known Benefit product, promising to make you look fresh and to cover any small details that you don't like in you face

3) the Boi-ing conciler in two different shades: you can use them separately or mix both of them to creat the match you like and to hide dark under-eye circles and imperfections

4) the Hello Flawless fond de teint and a small application brush : you can sweep it over your foundation and create the perfect coverage or just use it by itself for more natural look.




I used all of them together as the kit proposes or in combination with my other makeup products and i really liked most of them. The shades are light so everybody can use them, regardless of the skin tone. I really enjoy the POREfessional, it makes my skin smooth, it is easier to apply the foundation afterwards and it looks flawless. I also liked the Hello Flawless fond de teint, as a nice finish in my makeup. It provides nice coverage and it has light texture that doesn't bother me even wearing it the whole day.

The Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow was not my favorite.I found it difficult to apply and i could feel it in my skin due to its dense texture. It might be that this texture is not so compatible with my skin, since i have heard really nice things about this product. Of course i will use it for a brightening effect on top of my foundation. As for the Boi-ing conciler, i like their shades and their coverage but i found them again a bit dense in texture and difficult to apply, so i think i am going to use them up but not going to re purchase them. I have concilers that i prefer them more.

All in all is a really nice kit and the effect in the end is actually flawless if you combine them all. Also it was a nice way to try several products from Benefit and see which ones i want to add in my makeup collection in the future.

Have you tried any Benefit cosmetics and what do you think?

I wish you all Happy New Year, healthy, full of exciting and happy moments!



8 comments:

  1. This looks like a really good kit! I kind of want to try it because it looks great for trying a lot of products at once!
    Happy New Year!

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one and you are right i also wanted to try several products and see if i want to buy them in full size! Try it out!
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome! I might have to try it! I haven't tried any Benefit Cosmetics but hear a lot of good things about it.

    Happy New Year!

    http://beautybyjennafer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time i tried something from Benefit and that is why i chose that kit so that i can decide what i like and what my skin likes! It is a good idea!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I'm really enjoying your blog here. It's simple, but cute! Hope to see you keep posting, I have your page bookmarked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katja! I am in favor of simple stuff! Hope to see you around! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this kit, I have it in Medium. I've noticed that the Hello Flawless Wow works best when applied with the Beautyblender sponge - damp, not dry. It doesn't work as well with any makeup brush I've tried.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Renu! I will try it since i think is a nice makeup but so far didn't go along with me! :)

      Delete