Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Maybellines

There is one think that i cannot skip in my make up everyday...I might not wear blush, i might not wear eye shadow but i have to wear mascara. It always feels different with a bit of mascara in my eyelashes and sometimes is the only thing i need to feel prettier! So today i though i write about the Maybelline New York Mascaras that i have right now or that i tried before.





I think the Maybelline mascaras have been a part of my make up products for a really long time now. The first mascara i ever had (almost 14 years ago maybe?) was the Great Lash Waterproof in a pink vial with green cup, which still exists and which i though some time ago to buy again but gave a chance to other Maybelline products. I will definately get it for my collection again!

Maybelline evolved, so did my make up needs and i moved then to their Volum' Express series. I used for a year almost constantly the Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in glam Black (all of my mascaras are black) and i loved it! It was a present from a friend that visited the States and brought back a whole bunch that we had mascaras for months!

Now i have three different mascaras from Maybelline, all of them in black colour and from the Volum' Express series.

The Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes is close to the normal colossal mascara but it has a curved brush that can even reach the outer eyelashes. I like the volume they give and the texture, although some times if i am in a rush i get clumps in the eyelashes which i don't really like, so i need to be more carefull when i apply it.


The Falsies Volum' Express Black Drama is really good. Intense black colour, really dramatic look when you apply several layers and not clumps at all! I really like and i wear it often when i want a more glamorous make up. I made the mistake to buy the non waterproof (picked the wrong tube and found it only after i paid it) but still it didn't dissapoint me, since it is long lasting and doesn't wash off easily with water as other non waterproof mascaras. I will definately buy it again in the waterproof version this time!


The last i purchased from Maybelline 2 months ago was the Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof Mascara. I find it smoother than the other two and not so dramatic as the Falsies. I like that it gives instantly boost in the eyelashes even with 2 applications and since the black colour is not so intense i can wear it every day at work. Also there are no clumps formed at all.And the waterproof they claim is more than true. I still wear it in the gym while i excersise and the mascara is still in my eyelashes. It is long lasting and some times it gets a bit difficult to remove it, unless you have a very strong demake up. 


Ī¤hese are the Maybelline mascaras i tried so far and i must say that i am a big fan of them! I will definately buy again the Falsies and the normal Colossal (maybe try another colour for a change) but i am not so sure about the Cat eyes.

Since i am happy with the Maybelline Mascaras i really want to try the Volum' Express Mega Plush and the Volum' Express Rocket so i think one of those two will be my next purchase this month! Stay tunned!

Did you ever try any mascaras from Maybelline and what did you think?


8 comments:

  1. I've used the Falsies and the Colossal Cat Eyes mascaras too, and I love the Falsies the most! It has been my everyday mascara for a long time now! Now following you from the blog hop :)

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the Falsies are just great! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you around!! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't live without mascara either! I love falsies too!
    :)

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is true, mascara is an essential! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now following from my Bright Side Beauty Blog Hop, thanks for joining in! I LOVE the Maybelline Volume Express Cat Eye Mascara! I use it the most of all the many mascaras I have, it's definitely one of the best I've ever tried. I too started with the Maybelline Great Lash and ventured to different ones from there. Great post!

    -Kristin
    meetmeonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following back! And for the blog hop it was really good! The Cat eye was good but didn't impress me as the others from Maybelline! I think they become an addiction once you start with the Great Lash! Hope to see you around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Maybelline mascaras, The Falsies is my favourite! They do a great job for an inexpensive price.. I really want to try out the Colossal Volume Express Cat eyes mascara, it looks great! x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! I love them too and they are in a good price! Thanks for stopping by,hope to see you around! :)

      Delete